- Used as a fluxing agent in the smelting or electrolytic production of aluminium
- Used for lowering the melting point of alumina, making electrolysis work at lower temperatures
- Used in the production of abrasives, enamel, glazing frits and glass, soldering agents, welding agents, blasting and pyrotechnics.
- Cryolite lowers the melting point of alumina
- The use of cryolite makes the smelting process cheaper and more cost effective
- Freebee cryolite comes in different qualities and specific grain sizes